NO! NOT A SLOW METABOLISM, TOO!
As we age, so much about our bodies change. Each year the rate our body burns calories decreases by 50 calories per day. Yeah, it stinks! But you can change this.
Stay physically fit by working your body your ENTIRE LIFE! You aren’t supposed to get lazy because of the number of your birthdays. I lift weights, ride my bike, dance at the spur of the moment, and walk all over God’s beautiful earth. I choose exerting my body, preserving it until I no longer need it.
HOW TO CHANGE METABOLISM
Muscle burns more calories than fat. Muscle increases your metabolism. If you don’t have muscle you can’t eat as much. An all over weight lifting program preserves bone density, improves balance, and enhances independence. Oh yeah, and YOU’LL LOOK REALLY GREAT!
Beginners can just use your bodyweight for the exercise. These are all weight lifting exercises that require no equipment.
STARTER WORKOUT FOR HOME
- push-ups, fingers forward, arms wide, 3 sets of 10
- triceps dips, 3 sets of 10
- planks, 3 for 30 seconds each
- crunches, 3 sets of 20
- squats, 3 sets of 20
- lunges, walking, 20 lunges, turn and return 20 lunges, repeat 2 more times
- calf raises, on a step, 3 sets of 20
The above workout can be performed in order, doing one set of each movement for the specified reps. Repeat all seven movements two more times. Do this workout three times a week, spacing a day between the workouts.
EIGHT HABITS TO SPEED UP METABOLISM NOW!
- Build muscle. Start with the workout above.
- Always eat a breakfast within an hour of waking. Delaying causes your body to go into survival mode, slowing your metabolism.
- Eat smaller, frequent, healthy meals. This keeps your body working, increasing metabolism.
- Drink plenty of water. At least an ounce per pound of body weight, more is better.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, increasing your heart rate substantially.
- Stay away from sugar and high fatty foods.
- Get 8 hours of sleep. Rest is essential!
- Integrate moving into everything you do.
START BUILDING MUSCLE TODAY
Most importantly, muscle needs to be maintained! Muscle holds our bodies together. Sure, our bones are the skeleton but bones age, too. Muscle supports your skeletal system. If you’re overweight your knees are going to give way because of the extra work they’ve done for years. Build muscle > burn calories > lose weight > save your bones!