IF YOU EAT RIGHT, YOU’LL LOSE WEIGHT
There is an awful problem with obesity in our country. Now there’s even a push to love your body and extra flesh, but come on! Being healthy has more benefits than being overweight. How you eat is about 90% of the problem with obesity. Mindless eating, fast food, not planning ahead, these all add calories. If you eat healthfully, you’ll lose weight. START WITH THIS 5 STEP PLAN!
DECIDE, ACCEPT, PLAN, CHOOSE, SET GOALS
- Decide to change! That’s it. Very easy. Make the decision to change the way you’ve been eating. If you’re like most Americans you eat out frequently each week, eat fast food and even when you buy food from the grocery store it’s already half-way prepared, if not completely prepared. So that has to change. Decide to change! I eat out once a week during my “cheat hour,” anything I want for one hour, at the end of the day.
- Accept that you WILL start making your own meals and snacks. And guess what? I’ll be posting a few videos (hopefully by October) to show you how to efficiently plan, purchase and pack your meals without breaking the bank. (An aside: it takes longer to drive to a restaurant, order, eat and drive home than it does to prepare your own food. The restaurant food won’t be nearly as healthy, if healthy at all, plus it will cost you waaaaaay more moolah!)
- Plan your start date. This is important. Give yourself a few days to learn your numbers, (calories needed, BMI, BMR, etc.,) buy food, download apps, buy a journal, buy scales, or whatever you need. Just know you’ll need a few days. Plus, you should tell your friends and family about your new quest. Tell them it’s a big deal and you’ll need their help to help you succeed by not asking you out for pizza or whatever. Check counting calories for more info.
- Choose a healthy eating plan. Counting calories is easy but you need to include all the basic nutrients your body requires. Eating a balanced diet of protein, carbohydrates and fats is important for longevity. I recommend 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fats, all good quality, too! Look here for how I eat every day.
- Set goals. Absolutely crucial! Set a goal for each of these areas; healthy eating, exercise, sleep requirements, and last, but not least, set a daily goal to spend time being thankful. Thankful that you have a working body, you can make choices for yourself, and you can take care of yourself. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
Just do these five things to start. The Next List will be how to start an exercise program. Check my website for ideas on food, exercise, and goal setting.